” The Job Description”
- Assist in the development of strategies and roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and its strategic plans.
- Works with the IT business teams on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources.
- Drive specifications for tools and automation that facilitate lifecycle management (installation to decommissioning) of servers at scale.
- Assist in the Design and implement short- and long-term plans to ensure infrastructure meets existing and future capacity and capability requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external information security requirements (i.e. Information Security Policy and Procedures), maintain awareness of latest cyber-security threats and implement security measures to minimize risk to information assets.
- Ensure systems and Infrastructure are secure and resilient, carrying out proactive maintenance (e.g. patching) and ensuring processes and configurations are clearly documented.
- Ensure that business continuity measures are implemented and kept up to date, including disaster recovery plans for critical systems.
- Maintains accurate IT asset inventory and assist in acquisition, deployment, support, and retiring of IT assets based on established IT life cycle management.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced regarding cyber-security prospective.
- Ensuring opportunities for change are understood and exploited for the future benefit of the business.
- Develop and co-ordinate implementation plans that support best practice and the IT strategy.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with all other departments, colleagues, and senior staff to ensure business continuity.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers to secure best value for goods and services.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Technology Leverage to Drive Business Value.
- Leverage’s knowledge of current and future technologies in areas appropriate to business to support innovation and improve productivity.
- Leverage’s knowledge of benchmark processes and practices (by acquiring where necessary through in-house expertise (Internal forums/Lessons Learnt/Project libraries) /external sources (Internet/Publications/External contacts), to drive continuous improvement in productivity without compromising quality.
- Continual service improvement.
- Explore opportunities for service and business improvement. Drive analysis and identify, prioritize and implement improvements and efficiencies, ensuring that the organization derives maximum value from services This includes recognizing the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches and managing change or assisting implementation where needed.
- Bachelor Degree from a reputable university – Computer Engineering + Degree in related discipline with 5-7 years relevant IT experience.
Two (2) years’ experience in the role of IT Systems Manager.
- Four (4) years or more of experience supporting, maintaining and administering Microsoft Windows, including latest Windows Server, MS Active Directory and troubleshooting techniques.
- Two (2) years or more of experience administering a Microsoft Office 365 tenant account, including Exchange on-line and Azure AD.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing a cloud-based infrastructure using Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure. Project management diploma and/or certificate. Good knowledge on AD, Azure, office 365, GP, VMware, storage, servers backup and Cloud solution. Azure Certificate is a plus Strategic & Critical Thinking Business Analysis (IT Operations) Customer Service, Communication & Presentation skills English Language Fluency (Verbal & Written) Staff Management & development skills.