” The Job Description”
- Duration: 3-6 months Utilization: 100% Remote: approx. 90% Location: remote + willingness to travel worldwide by arrangement (approx. 10-20%) Languages: German & English Tasks:
- Selection and sourcing of the Mobile Network Operator (MNO/MVNO) solution for an automobile manufacturer for the international introduction of connected services.
- Leading the integration of the MNO/MVNO with the backend. Understanding the market-specific requirements for the target markets (GCC countries).
- Selection of potential partners/suppliers Creation of RFI/RFQ (definition of technical and business requirements).
- Technical evaluation of proposed solutions and supplier capability Evaluate possible solutions from a strategic perspective (future market expansion, scalability, flexibility, costs, etc.).
- Assessment of the integration effort with the backend Derivation of the technical requirements for the backend and definition of the interfaces between MNO/MVNO and backend Requirements: At least 5 years of professional experience in connectivity and/or telematics, preferably at an automotive OEM or Tier 1.
- Experience in defining/implementing/launching MNO/MVNO solutions for the automotive industry in global markets (particularly GCC countries: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain & Oman).
- Technical expertise in M2M & IoT, eSIM/eUICC, SIM/MNO management (SIM profile management/download/activation), Network Access Devices (NAD) and modem technologies, mobile networks (2G/3G/4G/5G) for voice – and data services, device connectivity and infrastructure aspects, operator acceptance tests, network interoperability, APNs.
- Experience working with and managing external providers. Knowledge of market-specific requirements for global adoption of connectivity and telematics products High integrity and trust in all activities and communication.
- Excellent communicator with an open and structured way of thinking Willingness to travel occasionally to visit suppliers/partners and other entities or to support test drives.