” The Job Description”
- Geographic information systems (GIS) specialists will design, develop, and implement systems and databases to access geospatial data.
- Analyze the data utilizing GIS mapping software.
- Processing data and graphics requests from team members and anticipating information needs and presentation format as part of GIS engineering workflows.
- Design digital maps using geospatial data and analyze spatial and non-spatial information.
- Produce technically detailed solutions to include preparing clear, complete, and accurate representations of spatial on various platforms including: Windows, Web and Mobile based implementations.
- Maintain / Manage all GIS Datasets and Applications including all related documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, with focus on GIS.
- Demonstrate capabilities using and applying GIS skills.
- Familiar with GPS data collection and data management.
- Worked with vector and raster datasets.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience working with different coordinate systems, map projections, datum’s including cartographic methods, theories and principles.
- Hands-on knowledge of Esri ArcGIS desktop software, including ArcMap
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and applications in GIS.
- Excellent Analytical / Problem solving skills, and strong attention to details.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or under only general direction with the ability to determine client needs, negotiate deadlines and communicate under pressure with people from diverse backgrounds.