” The Job Description”
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline.
- This position requires 7-10 years of experience working as data analyst in the oil and gas industry
- Advance understanding of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and SAP.
- Understanding of reporting and data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Power BI, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, and strong attention to details.
- Presentation skills – ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand.
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills with effective stakeholder management & conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or under only general direction with the ability to determine client needs, negotiate deadlines and communicate under pressure with people from diverse backgrounds.