Database administration services are the activities associated with the maintenance and support of existing and future databases. This includes responsibility for managing data, database performance, and data recovery and integrity at a physical level; below are details of required service to be deliver by the Managed Services Provider:
• Administrate, manage, support, and fix all issues related to databases in our customer.
• Install, provision new databases and instances.
• Manage all changes, upgrades, patches, and enhancement related to database infrastructure.
• Investigate, diagnose, and resolve database incidents and problems.
• Participate and support all IT changes whenever required.
• Preparing weekly and monthly analyses report with recommendations for enhancements.
• Monitor database utilization and analysis the trend on resources and report it in monthly bases with recommendations and proactive actions.
• Responsible to operate and maintain the health of the database infrastructure.
• Responsible of databases backup sets verification.
• Service provider shall have 5 years minimum experience in Microsoft SQL database management.
• Our customer standardized on Microsoft SQL database.
• Meeting Incidents and Service Requests targets
• Open cases, incidents, or service requests with the databases’ vendors whenever required or needed; and manage it end-to-end.
• Conduct system performance and capacity forecasting.
• Maintain and manage database inventory and contribute on utilizing the existing CMDB tool.
• Contributing to our customer knowledge management database.