” The Job Descriptions”
• Architecture of the BIG-IP system as a full proxy device in an application delivery network.
• Configuring Monitor VIP and Pools
• Set up, start/restart/stop, license, and provision the BIG-IP system.
• Create a basic network configuration on the BIG-IP system including VLANs and self IPs.
• Use the Configuration utility and TMOS Shell (tmsh) to manage BIG-IP resources and use as a resource when troubleshooting.
• Create, restore from, and manage BIG-IP archives.
• Understand and implement troubleshooting methodology to find and resolve issues.
• View resource status, availability, and statistical information and use this information to determine how the BIG-IP system is currently processing traffic.
• Use iApps to update BIG-IP configuration.
• Perform troubleshooting and problem determination activities including using the iHealth diagnostic tool, researching known issues and solutions on AskF5, submitting a problem ticket to F5 Technical Support, and view traffic flow using tcpdump.
• Use the tools (ping, netstat, tcpdump, ssldump, WireShark, diff, Kdiff3, Fiddler, BIG-IP logs, etc.) available to use to identify BIG-IP and network issues from bottom to top.
• List log files available, understand log levels, and use the appropriate files, log levels, and filters for troubleshooting.
• Use High Speed Logging (HSL) and SNMP trap implementations to perform troubleshooting and problem determination activities.
• Configuring iRules and affecting traffic behavior and use them to aid with troubleshooting and problem determination
• Back up the BIG-IP system configuration for safekeeping
• Configuring DNS Express on the BIG-IP DNS system to accelerate DNS resolution
• Cache DNS query responses on BIG-IP DNS to accelerate DNS resolution
• Load balance DNS queries to a pool of DNS servers and monitor pool health
• Configure the key features of the BIG-IP DNS system to perform intelligent DNS resolution
• Configure the LDNS probes used by BIG-IP DNS to support path-based load balancing
• Configure a wide IP pool to use a path load balancing method
• View and confirm DNS resolution behavior using path load balancing methods
• Use static and dynamic load balancing methods to intelligently resolve DNS queries
• Use persistence to effectively return one or more clients to the same virtual server on each query
• Use manual resume to control certain load balancing behavior in the event of an outage
• Configure and use load balancing decision logs to fine-tune and troubleshoot DNS resolution
• Configure monitors on the BIG-IP DNS system in support of DNS resolution
• Configure BIG-IP DNS to participate in the DNSSEC chain of trust
• Configure limit settings on virtual servers, servers, and wide IP pools to temporarily direct client traffic away from resources that may not be performing at certain thresholds of efficiency
• Configure iRules on a wide IP to customize intelligent DNS resolution
• Configure the other wide IP types provided with BIG-IP DNS
• Configure a BIG-IP DNS sync group
• Provision the Application Security Manager
• Deploy ASM using the Rapid Deployment template (and other templates) and define the security checks included in each
• configure learn, alarm, and block settings as they pertain to configuring ASM
• configure attack signatures and explain why attack signature staging is important
• Contrast positive and negative security policy implementation and explain benefits of each
• Configure security processing at the parameter level of a web application
• Use an application template to protect a commercial web application
• Deploy ASM using the Automatic Policy Builder
• Tune a policy manually or allow automatic policy building
• Integrate third party application vulnerability scanner output into a security policy
• Configure login enforcement and session tracking
• Configure protection against brute force, web scraping, and Layer 7 denial of service attacks
• Implement iRules using specific ASM events and commands
• Use Content Profiles to protect JSON and AJAX-based applications
• Implement Bot Signatures
• Implement Proactive Bot Defense.
4- Public SSL and Public Domain.
• Deep administrative level on the public SSLs and public Domains
• Integrate and implement the SSLs on F5
• Configure and troubleshooting public SSLs and public Domains